issue with codepage translate of telnet server


Author
Message
yunsongyu
yunsongyu
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 6, Visits: 44
Pragma

I now use the telnet server, and I found some issues,

my application have use the char (0xA1 0xFC: it is the up-arraw in GB2312, and 0xA1 0xFD:down-arraw in GB2312), these words can been shown under telnet server 7.0 (Version:  7.0 Build 4 Revision 589)

but words can not be shown under version 7.0 Build 9 Revision 1225 or 1715

I check the client log and find the data have been change into one byte char and displayed as "?"

I think it is an issue.

to avoid it, I try to use feature of codepage translate (936 GB2312 or UTF8), and i find an strange problem, all double-byte char have been output twice.

for example: orginal words BC C7 C2 BC, and client will recieve the data BC C7 BC C7 C2 BC C2 BC. (GB2312)

do you have suggestion to solve them?

 
Tags
Edited 6 Years Ago by yunsongyu
yunsongyu
yunsongyu
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 6, Visits: 44
I think it is console buffer issue for unicode.

for one unicode charater, OS will store two chars in buffer, 1st char with flag 1, and 2nd char with flag 2. the second char should be filterred  to solve this issue.
bethredd
bethredd
Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)Pragmateer (97 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 81, Visits: 180
Can you please provide your OS and current version of TelnetServer you are using so that we can try to duplicate the issue. 

If you are using Unicode, then you should use the Unicode translation for both the server and the client. Not the specific county code page.

Beth Redd 
Customer Support Manager 
13809 Research Blvd, #675 
Austin, TX 78750 
http://www.pragmasys.com
 
Follow us on    


Beth Redd
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Similar Topics

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search