After the TELNET SERVER has been running for a while, all device cannot connect

After the TELNET SERVER has been running for a while, all device...
Author
i
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi expert,

We use telnet server version 7.0 path 9. We have found a problem where the device can connect to the TELNET SERVER for a while. Then, occasionally, all devices are unable to connect to the TELNET SERVER. When the problem occurs, we just need to reopen the TELNET SERVER CONFIGURA icon on the server desktop, and the service returns to normal. We don’t know what caused this problem. Please help, thank you.
Technical Support Group...
Technical Support Group (TSG)
Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
ice - 7/3/2024 3:27:04 AM
Hi expert,

We use telnet server version 7.0 path 9. We have found a problem where the device can connect to the TELNET SERVER for a while. Then, occasionally, all devices are unable to connect to the TELNET SERVER. When the problem occurs, we just need to reopen the TELNET SERVER CONFIGURA icon on the server desktop, and the service returns to normal. We don’t know what caused this problem. Please help, thank you.

Hello,
It sounds like the InetD Service is stopping for some reason. Opening and closing the configuration program restarts the service. When the issue occurs, please check our event log under Applications and Services for any error events from the InetD Service. Also, check the Windows Application event log for any error events. Please let me know if you have any events and what the details are.

Pragma Systems Technical Support
13809 Research Blvd, #675
Austin, TX 78750
http://www.pragmasys.com
ice
i
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Technical Support Group (TSG) - 7/3/2024 1:45:08 PM
Hi expert,

Hello,
It sounds like the InetD Service is stopping for some reason. Opening and closing the configuration program restarts the service. When the issue occurs, please check our event log under Applications and Services for any error events from the InetD Service. Also, check the Windows Application event log for any error events. Please let me know if you have any events and what the details are.

Hi expert ,
  We found the error event log below , please help analyze. Thanks a lot.

ice
i
ice - 7/4/2024 6:54:27 AM
Hi expert,

Hello,

Hi expert ,

ice
i
ice - 7/4/2024 6:57:47 AM
Hi expert,

Hello,

Hi expert ,

Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)Pragmateer (1.1K reputation)
ice - 7/4/2024 7:12:16 AM
Hi expert,

Hello,

Hi expert ,

This error means that the program configured as the User Shell or Startup Program is closing with an error.
\

We have no control of that program, so we simply report that the error occured. You should contact the developers of that program for assistance in correcting the issue.

Austin, TX 78750
Edited 3 Months Ago by Technical Support Group (TSG)
ice
i
Technical Support Group (TSG) - 7/5/2024 4:00:24 PM
Hi expert,

Hello,

Hi expert ,

This error means that the program configured as the User Shell or Startup Program is closing with an error.
\

We have no control of that program, so we simply report that the error occured. You should contact the developers of that program for assistance in correcting the issue.

Hi expert,

Thanks for the update.
Our configuration is as follows. We are using TELNET SERVER and SAPConsole simultaneously to enable the RF GUN to use the features on SAP. Regarding this issue, I have consulted the official SAP help documentation and NOTES, but I did not find any similar problem descriptions. I believe you should have extensive experience in using this, have other users reported similar problems and finally got them resolved?Another major problem that troubles us is that every time this situation occurs, we check the SAP application server and it is normal. We cannot determine whether the problem is with the TELNET SERVER or the SAPConsole.
If you have a any idea , please let me know. I would be very grateful. 
Additionally, we still have a question about the ERRORCODE “1073741510” in the EVENT LOG. What is the special meaning of this?
Thanks.

Edited 3 Months Ago by ice
ice - 7/8/2024 2:43:10 AM
Hi expert,

Hello,

Hi expert ,

\

Hi expert,

Thanks for the update.
Our configuration is as follows. We are using TELNET SERVER and SAPConsole simultaneously to enable the RF GUN to use the features on SAP. Regarding this issue, I have consulted the official SAP help documentation and NOTES, but I did not find any similar problem descriptions. I believe you should have extensive experience in using this, have other users reported similar problems and finally got them resolved?Another major problem that troubles us is that every time this situation occurs, we check the SAP application server and it is normal. We cannot determine whether the problem is with the TELNET SERVER or the SAPConsole.
Additionally, we still have a question about the ERRORCODE “1073741510” in the EVENT LOG. What is the special meaning of this?
Thanks.

I do have a lot of experience with customers using SAP, but unfortunately, I do not have experience with SAP directly. I looked up error code 0x C000 013A, the error code in hex, and I found that it can be caused by a corrupted heap. How many sessions do you have with this error starts to occur? If it's a large number, such as around 150-200, you might be running out of desktop heap. Let's try increasing the Desktop Count on the InetD page. This will spread the sessions out among more desktop resources. This might prevent sapcnsl.exe from reaching a heap error.

Start with doubling the current setting. If the problem continues, but you can get more sessions before it occurs, then it helped. You can then double the value again. Do not assign a value greater than 32 and do not go higher than necessary. The higher the number the more resources that are taken from other kernel processes, which could cause other issues on your system.

Austin, TX 78750
Edited 3 Months Ago by Technical Support Group (TSG)
ice
i
Technical Support Group (TSG) - 7/8/2024 2:35:47 PM
ice - 7/8/2024 2:43:10 AM
Hi expert,

Hello,

Hi expert ,

\

Hi expert,

Thanks for the update.
Thanks.

I do have a lot of experience with customers using SAP, but unfortunately, I do not have experience with SAP directly. I looked up error code 0x C000 013A, the error code in hex, and I found that it can be caused by a corrupted heap. How many sessions do you have with this error starts to occur? If it's a large number, such as around 150-200, you might be running out of desktop heap. Let's try increasing the Desktop Count on the InetD page. This will spread the sessions out among more desktop resources. This might prevent sapcnsl.exe from reaching a heap error.

Start with doubling the current setting. If the problem continues, but you can get more sessions before it occurs, then it helped. You can then double the value again. Do not assign a value greater than 32 and do not go higher than necessary. The higher the number the more resources that are taken from other kernel processes, which could cause other issues on your system.

Hi expert,
Thanks for your update.
We have adjusted the value of Desktop Count from 4 to 8 according to your suggestion. We will continue to monitor the operation of the server to confirm whether this problem will not occur again.
In any case, we are very grateful to you.
ice
i
Hi expert,
   After we adjusted the Desktop Count from 4 to 8, it worked fine until around 10 AM on 2024/10/04. It had been working normally for 3 months. What puzzles us is that after the issue occurred, we checked the event log and didn’t find any error logs. We also consulted our operations team to check the server status at that time, and the server was normal, but we did see some ‘TCP reset from server’ errors. We are unable to determine what caused this issue. Could you please provide us with some troubleshooting suggestions? Thank you.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...